International Graduate Students
SUNY Empire State College is unable to issue I-20s to students who require an F-1 student visa to come to the U.S. If you wish to live in the U.S. to study, please see other State University of New York options at www.suny.edu. If you have questions about your visa status or eligibility to study at SUNY Empire State College, email admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-3000.
International graduate students may apply and enroll, if accepted, to any of these online degree or certificate programs:
- Master of Arts in Adult Learning (online)
- Master of Arts in Community and Economic Development (online)
- Master of Arts in Learning and Emerging Technologies (online)
- Master of Busines Administration in Global Leadership (online)
- Child and Family Advocacy (12 credits)
- Community Advocacy (12 credits)
- Financial Management and Analysis (12 credits)
- Global Brand Marketing (12 credits)
- Health Care Management (12 credits)
- Human Resource Management (12 credits)
- Innovation Management and Technology Transfer (12 credits)
- Nonprofit Management (12 credits)
- Project Management (12 credits)
- Women's and Gender Studies (12 credits)
- Work and Public Policy (12 credits)
Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all institutions attended are submitted to the admissions office. Transcripts from a non-U.S. institution must be evaluated by a member organization of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). Empire State College graduates do not need to request a transcript. One will automatically be placed in their application folder.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants for whom English is not the first language must submit proof of proficiency. The School for Graduate Studies will accept the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test scores taken within the last three years. You must score within the range of 79-94 on the TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT), 250 on the computer-based test (CBT), 600 on the TOEFL paper-based test (PBT), or 6.5-7 on the IELTS to be considered for admission to the Empire State College graduate programs. Applicants who have completed a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution or from an institution where the instruction was given in English may be exempt.
Canadian Border Commuters
Canadian border commuter graduate students may also apply to any of the graduate programs that require attendance at weekend residencies.