A high-quality college education can be affordable
Your financial well-being is just as important as your educational success. With our low tuition rates and a broad array of financial aid programs, you can afford to earn a first-rate degree from the State University of New York.
Tuition and fees are subject to change by the SUNY Board of Trustees.
Effective with the Fall 2014 Term (pending administrative action to finalize)
Associate and Bachelor's Courses
- $257 per credit for New York state residents
- $360 per credit ($659 per credit less $299*) for out-of-state residents
Master of Arts (M.A. and MAT) Courses
- $432 per credit for New York state residents
- $605 per credit ($841 per credit less $236*) for out-of-state residents
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Courses
- $551 per credit for New York state residents
- $771 per credit ($924 less $153*) for out-of-state residents
* All nonresident students attending the college are automatically eligible for an Empire State College nonresident tuition grant to offset their educational costs.
You can find more details about the costs of associate and bachelor's courses on the Undergraduate Tuition and Fees page. For master's courses, visit the Graduate Tuition and Fees page. You also may want to review information on residency restrictions.
If you are a first-time student enrolling in an associate or bachelor's degree full time, you can use the net price calculator to get a general estimate of the cost to attend Empire State College. Please note that this estimate does not represent a final determination (or actual award) of financial assistance or a final net price. Students planning to obtain financial aid should complete the FAFSA online so that we may determine eligibility. Our financial aid office will contact students by email upon receiving their FAFSA information.
Please note, that tuition and fees are subject to change.