Historical Studies allows you to explore human history and the nature of human existence in a variety of ways, including:
- type of history (social, political, religious)
- national experiences or geographic areas (U.S. history, Latin American history)
- period of time (ancient history, modern history)
- theme (women in history)
You'll also develop valuable research and analytical skills as you create a program to meet your specific needs.
Popular Concentrations in Historical Studies
- American history
- Asian-American history
- history of women in the U.S.
- military history
- modern social and economic history
What choose a degree in Historical Studies?
Students with a degree in Historical Studies are well prepared for graduate studies in history, teaching or other fields, and are employed in a number of areas, including:
- historical preservation
Sample Degree Programs
SUNY Empire State College students work closely with their mentors to design their own degree programs.
These sample degree program plans illustrate the degree program format and provide examples of some different types of individualized degree programs.