Historical Studies allows you to explore human history and the nature of human existence in a variety of ways, including:
- type of history (social, political, religious)
- national experiences or geographic areas (U.S. history, Latin American history)
- period of time (ancient history, modern history)
- theme (women in history)
You'll also develop valuable research and analytical skills as you create a program to meet your specific needs.
Popular Concentrations in Historical Studies
- American history
- Asian-American history
- history of women in the U.S.
- military history
- modern social and economic history
What choose a degree in Historical Studies?
Students with a degree in Historical Studies are well prepared for graduate studies in history, teaching or other fields, and are employed in a number of areas, including:
- historical preservation
Sample Degree Programs
The following sample degree programs illustrate what a degree program might look like. As a student, you will work with a mentor to design a degree plan that meets your educational goals.