Apply for Associate or Bachelor's Degree
Thank you for choosing Empire State College to pursue your degree. Please review the requirements below before starting your application.
To guarantee that your application is considered for the academic term in which you wish to begin your degree, review the academic terms and application priority dates. Applications received after the priority date may be considered if space is available.
Nondegree students do not need to complete this application.
To be considered for admission to Empire State College you must:
- have a high school transcript, GED score report/diploma
- demonstrate ability to pursue college-level work through the writing assessment in the application
- complete an application (as outlined below)
In addition, Empire State College must have the resources to serve you.
An application is considered complete when the Admissions Office has received all of the following items:
- completed online application
- proof of high school completion
- writing assessment
- official transcripts from all institutions listed on the application
- proof of immunization
- a nonrefundable orientation fee (waived for veterans and active military)
You may submit a paper application (PDF 248kB) if you prefer. Please note, submitting a paper application may delay the processing of your application.