Apply for a Graduate Program at Empire State College
Graduate Certificate Programs
To apply for a graduate certificate program, please complete an online application, pay the nonrefundable $25 orientation fee and have an official transcript sent directly from the institution that awarded your bachelor's degree.
Master's Degree Admission Requirements
Admission to an Empire State College master's program is selective. To be considered for admission, you must:
- have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- provide evidence that you are able to pursue the subject matter and meet the academic demands of the program
- demonstrate that your educational goals are aligned with the master's degree you wish to pursue
- complete any prerequisites
- submit a complete application by the application deadline for the academic term that you wish to start.
Empire State College admits students without regard to race, gender, disability religion or national origin. Please review our admissions policy before you apply.
If you are applying for the nursing program, please review the nursing admissions requirements.
Master's Degree Application Requirements
To be considered for admission to an upcoming term, you must apply by the priority application deadline. A complete master's degree application consists of the following items described in the graduate application checklist:
- complete online application or paper application
- Social Security or assigned Empire State College identification number
- residency and citizenship information
- official transcripts
- nonrefundable $50 orientation fee
- proof of immunization (required for enrollment)